The Electrical Approved Electrical Inspection Authority Southern Africa (PTY) Ltd - (EAIASA) is approved by the Department of Labour as an Approved Inspection Authority (AIA) in terms of Electrical Installation Regulation 3, and accredited by the South African National Accreditation System (SANAS).
The primary function of the EAIASA is to investigate complaints and incidents of a technical nature.
EAIAISA was formed in 2016 after acquiring the business of the Western Cape Approved Electrical Inspection Authority (WCAEIA) in 2014 which operated as an Approved Inspection Authority since 2000.
EAIASA also incorporated the inspection services of GEIA in 2016 which operated as an Approved Inspection Authority in the Gauteng area from 1999 – 2012 as Gauteng Electrical Inspection Authority – GEIA.
The Directors of EAIASA have over 90 years combined expertise across all fields in the electrical industry and has representation on various industry technical committees to ensure safe electrical practices;
- SANS/SABS 10142/1 LV Workgroup.
- SANS/SABS 10142/2 MV Task Team.
- TC 67F - Electrical Installations (P member).
- TC 67E - Electrical Distribution (P member).
- TC 65 - Explosion Prevention (P member)
- IEC TC 31 - Equipment for explosive atmospheres (O member)
- IEC SC 31G - Intrinsically-safe apparatus (O member)
- IEC SC 31J - Classification of hazardous areas and installation requirements (O member)
- IEC TC14 – Power Transformers (O member).
- IEC TC57 – Power Systems (O member).
- Regional Electricity Safety Forum.
- AMEU (affiliate member).
- SANAS Specialist Technical Committee.
- South African Flameproof Association (SAFA) – Individual Membership